Swing Left is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Social Media Strategist to help us accomplish our mission. This is a volunteer position.
About Swing Left
Swing Left is a grassroots network of 300,000+ volunteers working to take back the House in the 2018 midterm elections. Our organization is led by professionals from the tech, media, finance, nonprofit and art worlds in collaboration with veteran political organizers and strategists.
Swing Left’s Social Media Team seeks an experienced writer and strategist to join a small team of people who wake up every day in different parts of the country committed to flipping the House in 2018.
Social media plays a critical role in Swing Left’s plan to flip the House in 2018. From recruitment to grassroots organizing to supporting our partners in the resistance, we collaborate on a daily basis to publish essential information in a timely way and drive the conversation across a variety of platforms. On any given day, we’re launching new features, supporting grassroots organizing efforts in swing districts, and engaging our community. We’re writing, editing, designing, and scheduling.
The Social Media Strategist is expected to contribute a total of roughly 10 volunteer hours per week, including responsibility for posting on and monitoring Swing Left’s Facebook and Twitter channels 2 or 3 days each week, with flexibility to collaborate with the team on Slack and occasional conference calls. The work is entirely remote.
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging and relevant content on Swing Left’s Facebook and Twitter channels 2-3 days per week (in rotation with the Social Team)
- Execute social strategy for key moments including new launches and rapid response
- Collaborate with Swing Left Social Team via Slack to remain flexible and nimble
- Internalize the Swing Left brand positioning and tone of voice to communicate consistently across platforms in an authentic way
- Work closely with partner organizations to amplify our shared message of resistance and rally our followers to take action in real life
- Professional experience in social media marketing for a campaign, non-profit, or brand
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills
- Ability to deliver creative content
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Frequent consumer of political and/or cultural news
- Paid social media marketing experience*
- Graphic design skills (e.g. Photoshop)*
- Experience using social media analytics tools to improve engagement*
- Strong experience building a brand on Instagram and/or Snapchat*
- Deep commitment to Swing Left’s mission of winning back the House in 2018!
How to Apply
We welcome all applicants regardless of age, citizenship, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy status, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other differences.