Swing Left is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Project Manager to help us
accomplish our mission. This is a full-time, paid position.
About Swing Left
Swing Left is a grassroots network of 300,000+ volunteers working to take back the House in the 2018 midterm elections. Our organization is led by professionals from the tech, media, finance, nonprofit and art worlds in collaboration with veteran political organizers and strategists.
Swing Left is seeking a Project Manager to oversee projects from concept through execution. The Project Manager will be responsible for providing operational support and strategic guidance to all teams at Swing Left as well as the Executive Director. The ideal candidate is an excellent leader and will have experience managing projects of different disciplines to produce results in a timely manner. The Project Manager will report to the Executive Director.
- Oversee and support full project life-cycles involving heavy cross-organizational collaboration. Work from concept to launch directing every step of the process.
- Build, develop and optimize operational processes for a new organization. Examples may include, overseeing the organizational budget as well as building the customer relationship management process.
- Regularly interface with senior stakeholders in the organization to ensure projects are receiving the proper resources, meeting deadlines, and to report back to the Executive Director.
- Participate and take minutes during large group meetings.
- Provide executive support for the Executive Director of Swing Left, including but not limited to: Manage inquiries directed to and from the Executive Director, preparing reports and communications for the Executive Director, and occasionally providing updates during large group meetings on behalf of the Executive Director.
- Experience and comfort building operational processes from the ground up
- Experience working with tech is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience and comfort working in a virtual office
- Comfort working through ambiguity
- A problem solver with a keen eye for details
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Proven experience overseeing multiple projects at once and collaborating across departments
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office; knowledge of program/project management software (Slack, Asana, Airtable, CRMs)
- BS/BA diploma in a relevant field; MS/MA is a plus
How to Apply
Please fill out this brief application form
We welcome all applicants regardless of age, citizenship, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy status, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other differences.