Swing Left is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Marketing Manager to help us accomplish our mission. This is a full-time, paid position.
About Swing Left
Swing Left is a grassroots network of 300,000+ volunteers working to take back the House in the 2018 midterm elections. Our organization is led by professionals from the tech, media, finance, nonprofit and art worlds in collaboration with veteran political organizers and strategists.
Providing crucial foundational support to the Marketing + Media team, you will play an important role in broadening Swing Left’s reach, engaging volunteers, and growing our grassroots army. You will collaborate with experts in digital marketing, PR, social media, editorial and digital content, TV production, design, product development, events, and influencer engagement and work closely with the Chief Marketing Officer and Executive Director.
- Shape and execute digital marketing strategies including email and social media—our primary channels for communicating with Swing Left’s volunteer community.
- Field press inquiries and manage relationships with bookers, bloggers, columnists, editorial staff, hosts, and reporters.
- Coordinate interviews, photo shoots, event invitations, and speaking engagements.
- Track news clips; manage media lists and tools.
- Craft external communication tools and talking points for the use of Swing Left's entire national staff and volunteers.
- Engage and coordinate with high-profile supporters including members of the entertainment, art, tech, and political worlds.
- Conceptualize and help execute events.
- Coordinate with senior marketing advisors and manage a support staff of volunteers to help execute the above.
The work can be done entirely remotely and requires flexibility to collaborate with the team on Slack and occasional conference calls during business hours. Location in or around Los Angeles, San Francisco or New York is a plus but not required.
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills.
- Professional experience in social media, email marketing, PR, and/or content creation/video production.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and hold self and others accountable.
- Stickler for details.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast paced environment.
- Frequent consumer of political and/or cultural news.
- Flexible and embrace opportunities for growth and learning new skills.
- Deep commitment to Swing Left’s mission of winning back the House in 2018!
How to Apply
We welcome all applicants regardless of age, citizenship, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy status, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other differences.