Swing Left’s "Last Weekend Volunteer Recruitment Contest” OFFICIAL RULES IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THESE OFFICIAL RULES BEFORE ENTERING THIS ONLINE PROMOTION (THE "PROMOTION"). BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROMOTION, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND REPRESENT THAT YOU SATISFY ALL OF THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS BELOW. NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION. 1. Eligibility. THE PERSON WHO SIGNS UP THE MOST NUMBER OF PEOPLE TO VOLUNTEER SHALL BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN. PROMOTION VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUAL UNITED STATES CITIZENS AND LAWFUL PERMANENT U.S. RESIDENTS WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND PUERTO RICO, AND OVER THE AGE OF 18 (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW). IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND SWING LEFT ("SPONSOR") RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU. To be eligible to win the prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor and any of their respective affiliated committees, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, consultants, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. 2. Disclaimer. Sponsor, and its related affiliates, directors, officers, consultants, partners professional advisors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") Sponsor will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion. 3. Promotion Period. The Promotion starts on October 10, 2018 at 9:00am Eastern Time and ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on October 17, 2018 (the "Promotion Period"). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win a prize. 4. Prizes. One (1) winner will receive the following prize (the "Prize"):
- One (1) signed print of Pete Souza’s “Shade #3”
- Approximate retail value of Prize: $3,000.
Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number and quality of eligible entries received (estimated total entries 10,000). ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF WINNER. All prizes will be awarded.
5. The Prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternative winner if (a) the winner affidavit and release materials (see Sections 10 and 11 below) are not returned as required from the potential winner and his or her guest, (b) if two (2) attempts to contact the potential winner by phone and/or e-mail are not successful, (c) the potential winner is not able to travel to any event included as part of the prize on the date Sponsor determines to hold such event, or if (d) any prize is otherwise not claimed. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. Limit one prize per household or address. All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
6. Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
7. How to Enter. Participants may enter as follows: By recruiting the most number of people to serve as a volunteer for The Last Weekend: https://thelastweekend.org/.
General Release. By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
Use of Winner Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use winner's name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of his or her name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, winners may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Winner List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after October 20, 2018 and before October 20, 2019 to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: " Last Weekend Volunteer Contest.” To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, this page or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: “Last Weekend Volunteer Recruitment Contest”
- " Rules Request. Residents of VT may omit return postage.
Intellectual Property Notice. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2018 by Swing Left. All rights reserved.
Miscellaneous. The Promotion and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the District of Columbia without regard to its or any other jurisdiction's choice of law provisions. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant's participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please e-mail them to team[at]swingleft.org or send written questions to the address listed below, Attn: “Last Weekend Volunteer Recruitment Contest” Questions.
Sponsor: Swing Left, 700 13th Street, NW, Suite 600, Washington DC 20005.
No purchase, payment, volunteering, or contribution necessary to enter or win. Void where prohibited. Entries must be received by October 17, 2018 Enter by signing up to volunteer with the Last Weekend. One winner will receive a signed Pete Souza’s print “Shade #3”, valued at $3,000. Promotion open only to U.S. citizens, or lawful permanent U.S. residents who are legal residents of the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Puerto Rico and 18 or older (or age of majority under applicable law). Promotion subject to Official Rules and additional restrictions on eligibility. Sponsor: Swing Left.
Purchase/Contribution/Volunteering is not necessary to enter or win. Void where prohibited. Promotion ends October 17, 2018. Approx. value of prize: $3,000. Subject to Official Rules & restrictions on eligibility. Sponsor: Swing Left, 700 13th Street, NW, Suite 600, Washington DC 20005.