It’s been a year since Trump’s inauguration, the Women’s March, and the launch of Swing Left. In the face of horror and despair, we marched, we rallied, and we mobilized.
And if we keep it up, we can take back the House in November.
The entire resistance movement has been doing incredible work this past year...
That’s already having unprecedented results...
How do we know? See how 2018’s House races already stack up against the last two wave elections: the Republican Tea Party wave of 2010 and Democrats’ 31-seat gain in 2006.
Where we got our stats:
- ”This is what we learned by counting the women’s marches.” Washington Post. February 7, 2017
- ”Since Trump’s Election, Increased Attention to Politics – Especially Among Women.” Pew Research Center. July 20, 2017. Population Clock. U.S. Census Bureau. Accessed January 18, 2018.
- 2018 District Fundraising Leaderboard. Swing Left. Accessed January 18, 2018.
- “Inning Two: Will 2018 Be a ‘Wave’ Election.” Campaign Finance Institute. October 25, 2017.
- Elections House open seat tracker. Daily Kos. Accessed January 18, 2018.
- Generic Congressional Vote. Real Clear Politics. Accessed January 18, 2018.