Phone banking hub
Make calls to voters in Super States
Calling key Super State voters to make sure they turn out to vote is a proven and effective way to help Democrats win in November. You can call voters right now from the comfort and safety of your home—no matter where you live!
Make an immediate impact
Call voters in NC
Before making calls, get familiar with the key races in NC and learn about what's at stake for voters in this election.
New to phone banking? Don't worry!
Join us for a Call Night
Join Swing Left volunteers from across the country to make calls into strategic, high-priority states every Thursday and Sunday until Election Day!
Every Call Night will start with a live Zoom phone bank training, and a team of support specialists will be ready to answer any voter contact questions you have.
RSVP for a Call Night
Want to make calls to another Super State?
Check out our Action Finder for more virtual phone banks.
Find a phone bank
We're working with campaigns to strategically direct calls into specific Super States where your remote phone banking help is most needed. While not everyone will pick up, know that phone banking is still one of the most effective things we can do to win in November.
How to phone bank
Never made calls before? Don’t worry—it's a simple conversation, and we'll provide a script. You can also attend a virtual phone bank training and check out the resources below for some great beginner and intermediate tips. Remember, these are just conversations with voters, and you’re doing one of the most important actions we can do right now to turn out voters, in the races that matter most.
What you need to phone bank
A computer or tablet
Here is the step-by-step process for getting started making calls:
- Pick a shift time: Follow the links above and select a time when you’d like to make calls. Or, get started making calls now! Be sure to check your email (and your spam folder) for an email from the campaign which will provide the link to start making calls.
- Get informed: Read through Swing Left's community agreement and the training materials below from Swing Left organizers and volunteers. Attend any phone bank trainings the campaigns offer.
- Get to know the Super States: Visit our Super State pages to learn more about the states and our targets. If available, review candidate websites.
- Get set up and practice: Create your account with the phone banking tool, read through the script a few times to get comfortable with it, and familiarize yourself with the data and calling process.
- Start making calls: Remember to have fun! Be respectful, talk slowly and clearly, but remember these are just conversations with other people. You are representing these campaigns and you want to leave a positive impression on every voter!
- Be sure to record data for each call in the phone bank tool as instructed by the campaign.
- Finish your shift or set a goal for the number of calls made, and sign up for your next event. We need to contact as many voters as possible in our Super States to win the White House, the Senate, and the state houses key to rolling back Republican gerrymandering—all at the same time.
Attend a virtual phone bank training
Getting Set up to phone bank with NGP VAN’s OpenVPB
ThruTalk Predictive Dialer Guide
Phone banking best practices
How to code phone bank data
Virtual phone banking FAQs
“Making Calls Count” on Swing Left’s How We Win podcast
How to Make Calls in ThruTalk (video)
Have additional questions? Email [email protected] and we’ll get back to you as quickly as we can!