Phone banking hub
Make calls to voters in Super States
Calling key Super State voters to make sure they turn out to vote is a proven and effective way to help Democrats win in November. You can call voters right now from the comfort and safety of your home—no matter where you live!
Never made calls before? Don’t worry—it's a simple conversation, and we'll provide a script. You can also check out the resources below for some great beginner and intermediate tips.
What you need to phone bank
Separate device + internet
At least 2 hours
Call Super State voters
Before making calls, check out our Super States pages to familiarize yourself with the state you're calling. Are you a college student? Call voters with our College Phone Bank Hub.
We're working with campaigns to strategically direct calls into specific Super States where your remote phone banking help is most needed. While not everyone will pick up, know that phone banking is still one of the most effective things we can do to win in November. Additional phone banking opportunities will be added regularly, so check back for updates.
How to phone bank
New to phone banking? Picking up the phone and calling voters across the country can seem challenging. But remember, these are just conversations with voters, and you’re doing one of the most important actions we can do right now to turn out voters, in the races that matter most.
Here is the step-by-step process for getting started making calls:
- Pick a shift time: Follow the links above and select a time when you’d like to make calls. Or, get started making calls now! Be sure to check your email (and your spam folder) for an email from the campaign which will provide the link to start making calls.
- Get informed: Read through Swing Left's community agreement and the training materials below from Swing Left organizers and volunteers. Attend any phone bank trainings the campaigns offers.
- Get to know the Super States: Visit our Super State pages to learn more about the states and our targets. If available, review candidate websites.
- Get set up and practice: Create your account with the phone banking tool, read through the script a few times to get comfortable with it, and familiarize yourself with the data and calling process.
- Start making calls: Remember to have fun! Be respectful, talk slowly and clearly, but remember these are just conversations with other people. You are representing these campaigns and you want to leave a positive impression on every voter!
- Be sure to record data for each call in the phone bank tool as instructed by the campaign.
- Finish your shift or set a goal for the number of calls made, and sign up for your next event. We need to contact as many voters as possible in our Super States to win the White House, the Senate, and the state houses key to rolling back Republican gerrymandering—all at the same time.
Phone Banking Best Practices
How to Code Phone Bank Data
Calling Voters with the Virtual Phone Banking tool
Phone banking and Virtual Phone Bank tool FAQ
Host your own virtual phone banking event
Phone banking can be a really fun activity, especially when you do it with others. Learn more about virtual phone bank events and sign up to host your own!
Have additional questions? Email [email protected] and we’ll get back to you as quickly as we can!