Swing Left is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic People Operations Specialist to help us accomplish our mission. This is a part-time volunteer position.
About Swing Left
Swing Left is a grassroots network of 300,000+ volunteers working to take back the House in the 2018 midterm elections. Our organization is led by professionals from the tech, media, finance, nonprofit and art worlds in collaboration with veteran political organizers and strategists.
Swing Left seeks a people operations specialist to join our national team—a small group of people who wake up every day in different parts of the country committed to flipping the House in 2018 and who lead Swing Left strategy and execution.
The Operations Specialist is expected to contribute a total of roughly 5-10 volunteer hours per week, including responsibility for helping scale Swing Left hiring and onboarding processes. You will work closely with Swing Left’s Executive Director, Chief Marketing Officer, and Chief Community Officer.
The work is entirely remote and requires flexibility to collaborate with the team on Slack and occasional conference calls during business hours.
- Professional experience in people operations/HR for a campaign, start-up or brand
- A keen sensibility for organizational culture and values
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced, start-up-like environment
- Invested interest in political and/or cultural news
- Deep commitment to Swing Left’s mission of winning back the House in 2018!
How to Apply
We welcome all applicants regardless of age, citizenship, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy status, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other differences.