Swing Left is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Events Specialist to help us accomplish our mission. This is a part-time volunteer position.
About Swing Left
Swing Left is a grassroots network of 300,000+ volunteers working to take back the House in the 2018 midterm elections. Our organization is led by professionals from the tech, media, finance, nonprofit and art worlds in collaboration with veteran political organizers and strategists.
Swing Left seeks an event planning and production specialist to join our national team—a small group of people who wake up every day in different parts of the country committed to flipping the House in 2018 and who lead Swing Left strategy and execution.
The Events Specialist is expected to contribute a total of roughly 5-10 volunteer hours per week, including responsibility for helping conceive and execute an events program spanning intimate cultivation events to larger, public-facing parties and pep rallies that inform and galvanize supporters; raise money for Swing Left infrastructure and Democratic candidates; and increase awareness and engagement surrounding the midterm elections. You will work closely with Swing Left’s Chief Marketing Officer, Executive Director, and Engagement/Talent Relations Manager among others across the national team.
The work can be done entirely remotely and requires flexibility to collaborate with the team on Slack and occasional conference calls during business hours. Location in or around Los Angeles, San Francisco or New York, where many of our events happen, is a plus but not required.
- Professional experience in creating experiential event experiences for a campaign, non-profit, or brand
- A keen sensibility for brand and visual language
- Creative thinker, solutions-oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Relationships with venues, vendors and in-kind partners
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Invested interest in political and/or cultural news
- Deep commitment to Swing Left’s mission of winning back the House in 2018!
How to Apply
Please fill out this brief application form
We welcome all applicants regardless of age, citizenship, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy status, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other differences.